Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Food Whispers: Wimbly Lu Chocolates

Sunday afternoons are divine for the mind and soul, especially when you are spending it with someone awesome. Boyf and I practically lazed in bed the entire morning watching HK Drama, 5 episodes in a row. 
We dragged our lazy bums out to Wimbly Lu, extremely near his place so it was a really quick drive. I saw two vintage VW outside Wimbly Lu and gladly partake the vintage car wish game I learnt since I was a kid; whenever you see a vintage car (it has to be really old and vintage), you can whack the person next to you on the head and make a huge wish. This eccentric activity always gets me thrilled especially when I am way better at spotting vintage cars around. 


Red VW number one

Bounty Hunter

We had to wait for seats cos this place is pretty packed, they have old school decors at the entrance and also a cute little carpeted corner with children toys and books for kids. 
Our seats were served shortly, the interior of Wimbly Lu reminds me alot of Selfish Gene at Craig Rd with their see through rooftops. 








   
I had my usual Cafe Latte, D had his Ice L Tea and we ordered a Chocolate Fondant with homemade vanilla ice-cream on the side. We always make it a point to break the crust of the Choc Fondant cake for that decadent melted chocolate oozing sight. Of course, there has to be a good amount of chocolate lava from a perfect Chocolate Fondant. It was yummy, almost similar to the one we had at Bistro Du Vin during Restaurant Week. Now, this is a staple must order in Boyf's menu- I gotta learn how to bake it then! :)
 The melting chocolate lava was fairly inconsistent, there were lumps of chocolate within the chocolate. The parfait pairing of cake, hot chocolate and vanilla ice-cream makes up for it however- you can barely taste the bumpy texture! The latte was great, but D's Ice Lemon Tea was just really normal- guess you can beat the one at Marmalade Toast.
We stayed there till the skies turned darker, D had a huge decision of his life to ponder about-explains his trusty organizer and I was furniture hunting for my new bed frame which he broke a couple of days back as well as doing up lesson plans.



Loving my new Snow Nerd Decal on the MacBook! 
It was a quiet, lovely Sunday afternoon we had, I love the inspirations, motivations and quality moments. We took some pictures around & of each other- most of my pictures had chocolate stain on my lips so I can barely post them. There were loads of other desserts I would like to try the next time, like the Root Beer Float Cake with Vanilla Ice-Cream and Pancakes. Ultimately, this could be our regular to go place since it is so nearby. Till then! 



 Wimbly Lu Chocolates
15-2 Jalan Riang
Singapore 358987


No comments:

Post a Comment