Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Food Whisper: Uma Uma Ramen

While being on a hunt for the best Ramen in town, I really wanted to try Uma Uma Ramen after a delightful discovery that it was opened entirely to serve the authentic Japanese noodle dish.
Backed by the fellas behind Iggy's, this is a ramen soup shop not to miss.

On the way to Uma Uma at Forum, the rain was massive and carpark was jammed packed so we jay parked and risked the rain for lunch.

Goofers and my super straight fresh bangs

Boyf and his kicks






There are only two options available, the Uma Uma Ramen and Spicy Chasiu Ramen as well as some side dishes. We both had the Spicy option and I had to order my absolute fave soft boiled cold ramen eggs. Verdict: well I guess I have an inclination towards the spicy delish Ramen at Baikohken in Takashimaya. I haven't had any that beats that yet. 
The broth is fairly thick and consistent, good enough for a warm hearty fill up. 

I had a huge craving for the ice-blended Lemon Tea at Marmalade Toast (they officially serve the best Frothy Iced Lemon Tea, with fresh lemon pulp blended with ice and tea.) so we went down and ordered a Smores Cupcake too. It is a quaint, refreshing place tucked in the corner of Takashimaya.
I can honestly spend the entire day relishing on simple sweets like these. 
Yeps, I'm super obsessed with Toast now I go there almost every Thursdays. 



Delish Frothy tea & cake



Uma Uma Ramen
583 Orchard Road
 #01-41/42/43


Marmalade Toast
Ngee Ann City
#02-11
391 Orchard Road

No comments:

Post a Comment